Category Archives: The coffee growing countries

Processing

How the fruit is removed from the coffee and how it is dried are extraordinarily important to how it finally tastes. If the fruit removal and drying, collectively called processing, is done carefully, the coffee will taste clean and free … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Colombian Coffee History

Colombian Coffee Beans Colombian Coffee History Coffee was introduced to Colombia in the early 1800s.  Today Bourbon, Typica, Caturra, and Maragogype coffee varietals are cultivated. Colombian Coffee Industry The Colombian Coffee Federation has done a commendable job in promoting the … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Coffee Regions: Costa Rica

In Costa Rica the coffee is grown in volcanic and low-acidic fertile soil, conditions ideal for production. More than 80% of the coffee area is located between 800 and 1,600 meters (2,625 feet-5,250 feet) above sea level and in temperatures … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Coffee Origins: World Map of Coffee Growing Regions

Coffee Origins: World Map of Coffee Growing Regions Coffee Producing Country and Coffee Harvesting Time BRAZIL March-October COLOMBIA October-February and April-June COSTA RICA Atlantic coast: August-November. Pacific coast: September-December DOMINICAN REPUBLIC August-June ECUADOR June-October ETHIOPIA August-January GUATEMALA October-January HONDURAS October-March … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Ethiopia Coffee

Ethiopia Coffee Ethiopia produces some of the most unique and fascinating coffees in the world.  The three main regions where Ethiopia coffee beans originate are Harrar, Ghimbi, and Sidamo (Yirgacheffe). Ethiopian Arabica Coffee Beans Ethiopian Harrar coffee beans are grown … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Special Features of India’s Coffees

Special Features of India’s Coffees Coffee is grown under shade trees that carry pepper vines. Spiciness in the Cup Most Indian coffee plantations grow fruits and spices amidst their coffees. Producers planted these crops long ago after concluding that coffee … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Certified organic coffee

Growing certified organic coffee is serious business, and much more difficult than most people realize. Organic coffee means renouncing all synthetic chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. Certified organic farmers must comply with stringent standards that regulate the methods, practices, and … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Sustainable coffee

Sustainable coffee is a coffee that is cultivated in a way that is friendly to the environment and people. A sustainable coffee farm offers to the land and to people as much as it is given. The coffee farm seeks … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Coffee-Ethiopia

Some claim that Ethiopia is coffee’s birthplace, so it’s not surprising that the good stuff is ubiquitous here. If you’re invited to an Ethiopian coffee ceremony, don’t miss it: it’s a unique and elaborate ritual you’ll never forget. Ethiopia Typica … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment

Coffee. Papua New Guinea

Almost all coffee produced in Papua New Guinea is Arabica. Washed mild Arabica highland coffee dominates the industry in Papua New Guinea, accounting for 95% of production, the other 5% being lowland washed robusta. The Robusta coffee is of poorer … Continue reading

Posted in The coffee growing countries | Leave a comment